SentiGeek’s Website Terms & Conditions
Thank you for using SentiGeek; the ultimate resource for accessing information about sentiment analysis and text analytics.
Please read these Terms and Conditions carefully as they contain important information about your legal rights, remedies and obligations. By accessing and using our Website, you agree to comply with these Terms and Conditions.
Our website is operated by SentiGeek (“SentiGeek”, “we”, “our” or “us”). We are a limited company registered in Greece under company number 801814401. Our registered office address is 78 Georgiou Papandreou, 54645, Thessaloniki, Greece..
ABOUT OUR WEBSITE
Our Website seeks to produce and provide you with information about the company and resources for the domain of sentiment analysis and text analytics by subscribing to our website, or our mailing lists or reading our materials.
USING OUR WEBSITE
You are responsible for any activity on our Website. Depending on your activity, the navigation to our Website will enable you to access features of our Website and interact with our resource database and material for advice on sentiment analysis. To do so, you must comply with the following code of conduct when using our Website:
- You will use and access our Website in accordance with the Terms and Conditions. Any problem concerning a technical issue is not SentiGeek’s responsibility.
- You will be solely responsible in assessing the suitability and quality of our Materials for your needs, and verifying the accuracy of any statement made in our Materials and other content on our Website.
- You guarantee that you will access our Website for lawful purposes and you are thus solely responsible for the knowledge of and adherence to any and all laws, rules, and regulations pertaining to the use of our Website.
- You agree to cooperate with and assist us in good faith, and to provide us with such information and take such actions as may be reasonably requested by us with respect to any investigation undertaken regarding the use and possible abuse of our Website.
- You understand that we allow access to our Website on a temporary basis and we reserve the right to withdraw, restrict or change our Website at any time and without notice. We will not be liable if for any reason our Website is unavailable at any time or if the content is changed or out of date.
- You are solely responsible to comply with all laws, rules, regulations that may apply to your use of our Website.
- You understand that we grant you a limited, non-exclusive, non-transferable and revocable licence to use our Website subject to the following restrictions:
- You will not violate any laws in connection with your use of our Website or otherwise violate or circumvent any applicable laws or regulations, agreements with third-parties, third-party rights, or our Terms and Conditions. This includes any local, national and international laws that may apply to you.
- You will not use our Website or Materials for any other purposes not expressly permitted by these Terms and Conditions.
- You will not use our Website in a manner that falsely implies an endorsement, partnership or any other sort of affiliation with SentiGeek, unless we specifically authorise you to do so.
- You will not use our Website in connection with the distribution of unsolicited commercial messages (“spam”).
- You agree not to “crawl,” “scrape,” or “spider” any aspect of our Website or to decipher, decompile, disassemble, reverse engineer or otherwise attempt to obtain the source code of our Website or otherwise take any action that damages or adversely affects, or could damage or adversely affect the performance or proper functioning of our Website.
- You shall not misuse any part of our Website by knowingly introducing any material which is malicious or technologically harmful.
- You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to our Website, the server on which our Website is stored or any server, computer or database connected to our Website.
- You must not attack our Website via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack.
- You will not interfere with or try to disrupt our Website, for example by distributing a virus or other harmful computer code.
- You must avoid to bypass, remove, deactivate, impair, descramble, or otherwise attempt to circumvent any technological measure implemented by SentiGeek or any of SentiGeek’s providers or any other third party to protect our Website.
- SentiGeek and other marks, phrases, logos and designs that we use in connection with our Website, are trademarks, service marks or trade dress of SentiGeek in EU and other countries. You require our express written permission to use our trademarks, service marks or trade dress.
- You must not dilute, tarnish or otherwise harm SentiGeek in any way, including any unauthorised use of our Website or its derivative terms in domain names, trade names, trademarks or other source identifiers; or registering and/or using domains names, trade names, trademarks or other source identifiers that closely imitate or are confusingly similar to our Website domains, trademarks, taglines or promotional campaigns.
We may provide you with certain information in writing. By using our Website, you agree that we may provide you with information electronically (by email, etc.) instead of mailing you paper copies.
We have no obligation to monitor the access to or use of our Website by any user. Without prejudice to the foregoing, we hereby reserve the right to do so for the following reasons:
- To operate, secure and improve our Website (including without limitation for fraud prevention, risk assessment, investigation and customer support purposes).
- To ensure your compliance with these Terms and Conditions; or
- To comply with all applicable laws or an order or requirement provided by a court of law, law enforcement or other administrative agency or governmental body.
THIRD PARTY SERVICES
Our Website may contain links to third-party websites or resources (“Third-Party Services”). Such Third-Party Services may be subject to different terms and conditions and privacy practices. SentiGeek is not responsible or liable for the availability or accuracy of such Third-Party Services, or the content, products, or services available from such Third-Party Services. Links to such Third-Party Services are not an endorsement by SentiGeek of such Third-Party Services.
ACCESSING OUR WEBSITE
Certain functions of our Website will require an active internet connection. The connection can be Wi-Fi, or provided by a mobile network provider, but SentiGeek cannot take responsibility for our Website not working at full functionality if you do not have access to an active internet connection. In using our Website, you accept responsibility for any charges incurred for the cost of data for the duration of the connection while accessing our Website, or other third party charges, including roaming data charges.
Due to the nature of the Internet, SentiGeek cannot guarantee the continuous and uninterrupted availability and accessibility of our Website. SentiGeek may restrict the availability of our Website or certain areas or features thereof, if this is necessary in view of capacity limits, the security or integrity of our servers; or to carry out maintenance measures that ensure the proper or improved functioning of our Website. SentiGeek may improve, enhance and modify the Website and introduce new services from time to time.
Our Website may contain translations powered by Google. Google disclaims all warranties related to the translations, express or implied, including any warranties of accuracy, reliability, and any implied warranties for merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and no infringement.
UPDATES TO OUR WEBSITE
The requirements for our Website’s systems (and for any additional systems we decide to extend the availability of our Website) may change, or may be subject to maintenance or update. We do not guarantee keeping updated our Website so that it is relevant to your position as a visitor or always accessible. However, you agree to accept updates to our Website when offered to you and to any maintenance that we may undertake on our Website. We shall not be held responsible for any disruption of the Website arising from such maintenance and/or updates to our Website.
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
You understand and acknowledge that the Materials and Services we provide contain original copyrighted work created by us and the security of our Intellectual Property provides security for facilitating our Website. Our Website, Materials and any content that SentiGeek makes available on or through our Website, including proprietary content and any content licensed or authorized for use by or through SentiGeek from a third party (“SentiGeek Content”) is protected by copyright, trademark, and other intellectual property laws of the EU and other countries. You acknowledge and agree that our SentiGeek Content, including all associated intellectual property rights, are the exclusive property of SentiGeek and/or its licensors or authorizing third-parties. As such, you will not remove, alter or obscure any copyright, trademark, service mark or other proprietary rights notices incorporated in or accompanying our Website and SentiGeek Content.
All trademarks, service marks, logos, trade names, and any other source identifiers of SentiGeek used on or in connection with our Website and SentiGeek Content are trademarks or registered trademarks of SentiGeek. Trademarks, service marks, logos, trade names and any other proprietary designations of third parties used on or in connection with our Website and SentiGeek Content are the property of their respective owners. All such rights are reserved. As such you understand and agree that you will comply with the following:
- You must not use any part of our Website for commercial purposes (i.e. sell our Materials) without a licence from us or our licensors.
- You may not reproduce in any format (including on another website or mobile app) any aspect of our Website (including content, images, designs, look and feel) without our prior written consent.
- You will not use, copy, adapt, modify, prepare derivative works of, distribute, license, sell, transfer, publicly display, publicly perform, transmit, broadcast or otherwise exploit our Website or SentiGeek Content.
- No licenses or rights are granted by implication for any intellectual property rights owned or controlled by SentiGeek or its licensors, except for the licenses and rights expressly granted in these Terms.
- You must not reproduce, distribute, modify, display, publicly perform, prepare derivative works based on, repost, or otherwise use any content of our Website for any purpose without our permission.
- You must not attempt to reverse engineer, modify, adapt, translate, prepare derivative works from, decompile, attempt to interfere with the operation of, or otherwise attempt to derive source code from any part of our Website.
- You will not access our Website in order to build a similar service or application, or publish any performance, or any benchmark test or analysis relating to our Website.
You must not access (or attempt to access) our Website by any means other than the interface provided, and you will not use information from our Website for any purpose other than the purposes for which it is made available.
If, in our opinion, you are in breach of these provisions, your right to use our Website will cease immediately and you must either return or destroy (as required by us) any copies of the materials you have made.
MODIFICATION OF THESE TERMS
SentiGeek reserves the right to modify these Terms at any time in accordance with this provision.
If we make changes to these Terms, we will post the revised Terms on our Website and update the “Last Updated” date at the top of these Terms.
WARRANTY DISCLAIMER AND LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
SentiGeek makes no representation or warranty or provide any guarantee whatsoever for any of the following:
- the accuracy, or availability of our Website;
- the accuracy or the validity of any content posted on our Website, including, without limitation to, any post, Materials, comments, description, advice, articles or any other form of SentiGeek Content herein;
- the accuracy or the validity of any statement, advice or message provided by during the provision of any of our Services;
- any act, omission, opinion, response, advice, suggestion, information about our content; or any other service in a field requiring licensure and/or certification, which may be accessed through our Website;
- the willingness or ability to provide any of our services and features of our Website;
- whether you shall find any of our Services, Materials or other SentiGeek Content useful, satisfactory, accurate, relevant or helpful;
- whether our Materials, Services, our Website or other SentiGeek Content will otherwise be suitable to your needs.
Our Website may include content posted by SentiGeek only, but may facilitate content authored by third parties. Such content includes the opinion of the writer only and does not represent anything more than the writer’s opinion on the content. We are thus not to be held responsible for any reliance on such content. As noted, SentiGeek does not warrant the validity, accuracy, or availability of any content or advice provided. We will not be liable for any damages sustained by visitors in the SentiGeek’s website or readers of the content therein due to reliance on any such information or advice.
Information furnished by SentiGeek is intended for general information purposes only. We hereby disclaim any responsibility for any reliance on such information. In addition, we do not warrant the validity, accuracy, or availability of any information provided and as such, we will not be liable for any damages sustained due to reliance on any such information.
Any consultation, counselling, advice, or any other information gained via our Website cannot and does not replace a meeting with a professional advisor. Visitors and subscribers are encouraged to verify the information furnished by our Website by an accredited professional advisor. Any reliance on such information is at your full and sole risk and liability.
You agree and confirm that you have had whatever opportunity you deem necessary to investigate our Website, our Terms and Conditions and all applicable laws, rules, or regulations and that you are not relying upon any statement of law or fact made by SentiGeek relating to our Website.
The foregoing disclaimers apply to the maximum extent permitted by law. You may have other statutory rights. However, the duration of statutorily required warranties, if any, shall be limited to the maximum extent permitted by law.
You expressly acknowledge, confirm, agree, and understand that:
- Our Website is merely a Website for users to interact with the Materials we provide;
- We have no liability or obligations under or related to engagement contracts for any acts, doing, service or omissions by you;
- You take full and sole responsibility for any risk and/or decision you make when you acquire any of our Services and/or interacting with our Website.
- We make no representations or warranties about the suitability or quality of our Website, including but not limited to the quality, security, or legality of our Website and/or any SentiGeek Content. We hereby disclaim any and all liability relating thereto.
You hereby release us of every liability or risk incurred by your end, known and unknown, arising out of or in any way connected with the use of our Website. Our Website is provided without any guarantees, conditions or warranties by us, as to the accuracy or functionality. To the extent permitted by law, we hereby expressly exclude:
- All conditions, warranties and other terms which might otherwise be implied by statute, common law or the law of equity.
- Any liability for any direct, indirect or consequential loss or damage incurred by any Member in connection with our Website; or in connection with the use, inability to use, or results arising from the use of our Website; any websites linked to it and any materials posted on it (whether by us or a third party), including, without limitation any liability for: loss arising out of incurrence of health and/or mental health decease and/ injury; loss of income or revenue; loss of business; loss of profits or contracts; loss of anticipated savings; loss of data; loss of goodwill; wasted management or office time; and for any other loss or damage of any kind, however arising and whether caused by tort (including negligence), breach of contract or otherwise, even if foreseeable.
You agree to release, defend (at SentiGeek’s option), indemnify, and hold SentiGeek and its affiliates and subsidiaries, including but not limited to their officers, directors, employees and agents, harmless from and against any claims, liabilities, damages, losses, and expenses, including, without limitation, reasonable legal and accounting fees, arising out of or in any way connected with your breach of these Terms and Conditions and your improper use of our Website.
These Terms and Conditions, including all of the other documents that make up the Terms, supersede any other agreement between you and SentiGeek regarding our Website. If any part of the Terms is found to be unenforceable, that part will be limited to the minimum extent necessary so that the Terms will otherwise remain in full force and effect. Our failure to enforce any part of the Terms is not a waiver of our right to later enforce that or any other part of the Terms.
CHANGES TO THE TERMS
We may amend the Terms and Conditions at any time by amending this page or, if we believe the changes are material, we will let you know by i) notifying you via our Website, or ii) sending you an email or messages about the changes. You are responsible for reviewing and becoming familiar with any changes. Your use of the amended Terms & Conditions document following the changes constitutes your acceptance of the updated Terms.
These Terms and Conditions do not confer and are not intended to confer any rights or remedies upon any person other than the users of our Website.
If any provision of these Terms and Conditions is held to be invalid or unenforceable, such provision will be struck and will not affect the validity and enforceability of the remaining provisions.
SentiGeek’s failure to enforce any right or provision in these Terms and Conditions will not constitute a waiver of such right or provision unless acknowledged and agreed to by us in writing.
Except as expressly set forth in these Terms and Conditions, the exercise by either party of any of its remedies under these Terms will be without prejudice to its other remedies under these Terms or otherwise permitted under law.
You may not assign, transfer or delegate this Agreement and your rights and obligations hereunder without SentiGeek’s prior written consent. SentiGeek may without restriction assign, transfer or delegate this Agreement and any rights and obligations hereunder, at its sole discretion, with 30 days prior notice. Your right to terminate this Agreement at any time remains unaffected.
Unless specified otherwise, any notices or other communications to the web site visitors permitted or required under this Agreement, will be given online.
JURISDICTION AND APPLICABLE LAW
We welcome and encourage you to provide feedback, comments and suggestions for improvements to our Website. You may submit such feedback by emailing us, through the “Contact” section of our Website, or by other means of communication. Any feedback you submit to us will be considered non-confidential and non-proprietary to you. By submitting feedback to us, you grant us a non-exclusive, worldwide, royalty-free, irrevocable, sub-licensable, perpetual license to use and publish those ideas and materials for any purpose, without compensation to you.
If you have any questions about the Terms, please email us at info@SentiGeek.com.
Last updated: Wednesday 22nd September 2021