SentiGeek is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Legislation, the data controller is SentiGeek, a limited company registered in Greece under company number 801814401. Our registered office address is 78 Georgiou Papandreou, 54645, Thessaloniki, Greece.
Information we may collect from you
We may collect a number of information while you are using SentiGeek. Here is what information may be collected while using SentiGeek.
Information You Give Us
You may give us information about you using SentiGeek in the following:
- Blog Subscription: When you subscribe on our Blog, we collect your email address. We collect this information to allow you to subscribe in our Blog and automatically inform you every time a new article is uploaded to blog.
- Newsletter Subscription: When you choose to subscribe on our Newsletter, you will provide us with your email address. We collect such information for facilitating our Newsletter Subscription service. We use Mailchimp for the collection and facilitation of our newsletter subscription service. Please read below on how Mailchimp will use the information.
- Communications with SentiGeek: When you communicate with SentiGeek or use SentiGeek’s support, we may collect information about your communication and any information you choose to provide us. We collect this information as a means to enhance our Site and Services and provide you proper support when communicating with us about a query.
- Email Address Contact Information. You may choose to enter email addresses of contacts to access certain features of SentiGeek, like inviting other users to use SentiGeek. We may collect such information to facilitate your access to such features.
- Other Information. You may otherwise choose to provide us information when you fill in a form, conduct a search, update or add information to your Account, respond to surveys, post Member Content, participate in promotions, or use other features of SentiGeek. Unless we collect other information, we will collect your SentiGeek Account Information for advancing these services. We will let you know whether we will require to collect additional information to facilitate these features, and we will require your consent prior to collecting any additional information other than your SentiGeek Account Information.
Information We Automatically Collect from Your Use of SentiGeek.
When you use SentiGeek, we may automatically collect the following information.
- Usage Information. We may collect information about your interactions with SentiGeek. Such information is collected as a means to provide, improve, and develop SentiGeek and to create a safer, trusted environment when you use our Website. Please read below the exact purposes of collecting such data.
- Log Data. We automatically collect log information when you use SentiGeek. That information includes, without limitation: details about how you’ve used SentiGeek (including links to third party applications), IP address, Virtual Machine Information, access times, the page or pages you have viewed or engaged with before or after using SentiGeek, device type, operating system type and version, unique device ID, browser, browser language, domain and other systems information, platform types, usage statistics about your interaction with the Site and the Services, time spent on pages on the Site and use of Services, pages visited, search queries, click data, portions of the Site and Services used, date and time, and other information regarding your use of the Site and Services. Such information is collected as a means to provide, improve, and develop SentiGeek and to create a safer, trusted environment when you use our Site and Services. Please read below the exact purposes of collecting such data.
Information We Collect from Third Parties.
We may collect or receive information that third-party Services or Service Providers may provide about you when using our Site and Services or obtain information from other sources and combine that with information we collect through our Site and Services. We collect the following information from Third Parties:
- Analytics: We use Analytics services on our Site to help us analyse how users interact with our Site and Services by noting when you arrive on our Site and Services, how often you use our Site and Services, the events that occur within our Site and Services and to further analyse usage data and performance data. The information collected will be disclosed to or collected directly by such analytics services. Such information is collected as a means to provide, improve, and develop SentiGeek; to create a safer and a trusted environment when you use our Site and Services; to improve our Advertising and Marketing. Please read below the exact purposes of collecting such data.
- Databases: We use WordPress as a means of facilitating and hosting our Site and Services functioning. WordPress may collect all information you provide us and information we automatically collect as a means of facilitating our Site and Services. The information disclosed is collected and disclosed directly only to us for the better facilitation of our Site and Services. Such information is collected as a means to provide, improve, and develop SentiGeek and to create a safer, trusted environment when you use our Site and Services. Please read below the exact purposes of collecting such data.
- Newsletter Subscription: As stated above, when you choose to subscribe on our Newsletter, you will provide us with your email address. We use Mailchimp for the collection and facilitation of our newsletter subscription service. Mailchimp will collect on our behalf your email address as a means of facilitating our Newsletter Subscription only and strictly for the facilitation of our Newsletter Subscription.
- Online Advertising: We may use third-party advertising technologies that allow for the delivery of advertising about our Site and Services on other Services you visit and other applications you use. Such technology ads are varied by the content of the page You are visiting, information You enter such as Your age and gender, Your searches, demographic data, member content, and other information we collect from You, or being based on your current activity by using SentiGeek. These third parties may place cookies or other tracking technologies on Your computer, mobile phone, or other device to collect information about your use of SentiGeek. We may also share with third-party advertisers a hashed version of your email address that is anonymized and cannot be used to identify you, solely in non-human readable form and content that You share publicly when using SentiGeek (e.g, user-generated content) for the purposes of delivering tailored advertising. Please read below how we may share your information with other parties.
How We Use Information We Collect
In addition to the purposes stated above, we use, store, and process information we collect to provide, understand, improve, and develop SentiGeek, and to create and maintain a trusted and safer environment. We use, store and process all information we collect for the following purposes:
To Provide, Improve, and Develop our Site and Services
- To enable you to access and use SentiGeek and communicate with other Users.
- To operate, protect, improve and optimize SentiGeek and experience, such as by performing analytics and conducting research.
- To send you service or support messages, such as updates, security alerts, and account notifications.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information and services that you request from us.
- to provide you with information about other services we offer that are similar to those that you have already enquired about.
To Create and Maintain a Trusted and Safer Environment
- To notify you about changes to SentiGeek’s website.
- To ensure that content from SentiGeek’s website is presented in the most effective manner for you and on your mobile device.
- To administer SentiGeek’s website and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes.
- To improve SentiGeek’s website to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your mobile device.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our SentiGeek website, when you choose to do so.
- As part of our efforts to keep SentiGeek’s website safe and secure;
- To detect and prevent fraud, spam, abuse, security incidents, and other harmful activity.
- To conduct investigations and risk assessments.
- To verify or authenticate information or identifications provided by you.
- To conduct checks against databases and other information sources.
- To comply with our legal obligations.
To Improve our Advertising and Marketing
- To measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you.
- To make suggestions and recommendations to you and other SentiGeek’s visitors and subscribers about goods or services that may interest you or them.
- To provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you, with information about goods or services we feel may interest you. If you are an existing user, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about services similar to those which were the subject of a previous enquiry by you. If you are a new user, and where we permit selected third parties to use your data, we (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this. If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please notify us in writing;
We may combine this information with information you give us and information we collect about you. We may use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
Disclosure Of Your Information
We may share your personal information to the following parties:
- Third Party Service Providers, Contractors or Agents: We may share your information with third party companies that perform services on our behalf. Such services include our Site and Services’ development, administration and maintenance, data analysis, marketing services, advertising services (including but not limited to retargeted advertising), e-mail and hosting services, and customer services and support. These third-party service providers may access any information we collect from you or automatically collected via our Site and Services or from any third-parties and are required to use it solely as directed by Us for the purposes outlined above. We may further use these third-party Services to verify or authenticate your identification; check information against public databases; assist us with background checks, fraud prevention, and risk assessment; and to provide professional customer service.
- Analytics and/or other similar technologies services: As discussed above, we use third-party analytics and other similar technologies to help us understand Your usage of SentiGeek and to improve our Site and Services. We may provide any information that you provide us to such third-party analytics and data enrichment service providers to match such information with publicly available database information, including contact and social information from other sources, such as Your email address, gender, company, job title, photos, SentiGeek URLs, social network handles and physical addresses. We use this combined information to communicate with You in a more effective and personalized manner and to improve our Site and Services as stated in the purposes above.
Provided that we first obtain your consent, we may share information with other third parties for the following:
- Aggregate or De-identified Information: We may disclose or use aggregate or de-identified information to provide, improve, and develop our Site and Services and to create and maintain a trusted and safer environment (as defined above).
- Promotions: We may share Your information in connection with any promotion you enter on or through SentiGeek to administer, market, sponsor, or fulfill such Promotion or as required by applicable laws, rules or regulations or in accordance with the applicable rules of the Promotion. We may share Your information with a third party assisting us in administering the Promotion, provided that you first agree to the sharing of such information. We will let you know exactly what information is to be collected prior to us sharing such information, and we will not share your information without first obtaining your consent.
- Advertising of Third Party Products/Services: We may use and share with third party advertisers (and other third parties) certain Information you provide us or information that we may automatically collect from you or Information collected from third parties to show general demographic and preference information among our visitors and subscribers and improve our Advertising. The information collected may be used to offer You targeted ad-selection and delivery in order to personalize Your User experience by increasing the likelihood that advertisements for products and services You see will appeal to You. We will let you know exactly what information is to be collected prior to us sharing such information, and we will not share your information without first obtaining your consent.
We cooperate with government and law enforcement officials to enforce and comply with the law when we make SentiGeek available for use. We will share information with government agencies as required by law or as instructed by the relevant enforcement authorities of Greece. We may further disclose information about you to government or law enforcement officials if, in our sole discretion, believe necessary or appropriate to respond to claims and legal processes (including but not limited to subpoenas), at the request of providing such information for matters including, but not limited to:
- to protect SentiGeek Ltd’s Proprietary and Intellectual Property Rights;
- to secure our associate third parties’ Proprietary and Intellectual Property Rights;
- to protect the safety of the public or any person; or
- to prevent or stop activity we may consider to be, or to pose a risk of being, illegal, fraudulent, unethical or legally actionable activity.
Your Rights To Information
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. It is our legal obligation to inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes; and as such, we will first obtain your consent prior to engaging in any such activity. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by contacting us at info@SentiGeek.com or by opting-out of the process when we are going to request the sharing of your information for such purposes.
Please note that we reserve the right to send you certain communications relating to your usage of SentiGeek. This includes administrative and service announcements sent via email or push notifications.
You are responsible for maintaining the accuracy of the information you submit to us. You may access, correct, or request deletion of your personal information by making updates to that information or by contacting us requesting such changes. You are entitled to request to see and challenge information third parties provide to us as part of our fraud detection, prevention and risk assessment efforts. Requests in this section should be addressed to info@SentiGeek.com
You may access copies of your personal information held by us by sending us an email to info@SentiGeek.com to access a copy of your personal information held by us. We may request proof of identification to verify your access request. If your personal information that we hold is inaccurate, let us know and we will update the relevant information that you are unable to update from your setting options. You may also request the erasure of your personal information in accordance with the relevant data protection legislation.
We use the following type of cookies:
- Essential cookies: These cookies let you use the different parts of our Site. Without them services that you want cannot be provided.
- Functional Cookies: These help us to personalise our Site to you.
- Performance Cookies: These help us understand how people are using our Site, so we can make it better and allow us to try new things to improve your experience on the Site. The information gathered does not identify any individual and is aggregated.
- Authentication and security: To log you into our Site; protect your security; help detect and fight spam, abuse, and other activities that violate our Terms and Conditions; and help authenticate your access to our Site and prevent unauthorized parties from accessing your accounts.
- Preferences: To remember data about your browser and your preferences and to remember your settings and other choices you have made.
- Analytics and research: To help us improve and understand how people use our Site and see which features or content users prefer.
- Personalized content: To customize our Site with more relevant content to you.
- Advertising: To provide you with more relevant advertising
Where We Store Your Personal Data
All information you provide to us is stored on our servers.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to SentiGeek; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Links To Other Services Or Site And Services
SentiGeek may, from time to time, contain links to and from other partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these links, please note that these providers have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these Services.
Security And Retention
We are continuously implementing and updating administrative, technical, and physical security measures to help protect your information against unauthorized access, loss, destruction, or alteration. However, the Internet is not a 100% secure environment so we cannot guarantee the security of the transmission or storage of your information. In case of security failure either of SentiGeek or any of our Servers, we will inform you of such failure within 72 hours.
We will retain your Information for as long as your account with SentiGeek is active. Please note that we will retain your information even if your account is either terminated or inactive to the extent necessary to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations and to facilitate our fraud monitoring, detection and prevention functions. We will also retain your Information to comply with our tax, accounting, and financial reporting obligations, where we are required to retain your information for our contractual commitments. Where we retain any form of data collected from you, we do so in accordance with any limitation periods and records retention obligations that are imposed by all applicable laws.